This is a jem I got from the Travelling Teabox when it stopped at my house back in the summer. This particular tea looks very similar to a Chinese Silver Needle with lovely, fuzzy, unbroken buds. They turn a beautiful silver colour when the water is poured over them too.

The flavour is quite unlike a silver needle white tea – this is sweet and fruity and very nectar-like. Beneath it there notes similar to to what I’ve tasted in some of the better-quality Ceylon black teas, although lighter and smoother in this case.