drank Garden Bancha by BigTeaHouse.com

I came down with a nasty bout of the flu and was out of it for a few days which is why you didn’t see me on here much. I didn’t really even have the strength to make myself a pot of tea, much less sit in front of the computer. And one thing I learned is that I know I’m REALLY sick if I don’t even have the strength to make a pot of tea! Last night, I brewed a pot and it tasted perfect, so I suspect that my taste buds are working fine now though. I’ll have to backlog a few different tea experiences in a bit, but for now, I thought I’d enjoy a cup of Garden Bancha and write about it as I sip it.

This is really quite nice. It starts out really mellow. Almost too mellow, because it got me to question my taste buds ability again. But after a few sips, the tea became more focused, although it is still quite mild.

It has a strong vegetal quality to it in both its flavor and its scent. Earthy. It is light to medium bodied, with a bit of dry astringency toward the tail of the sip. It is a little sweet and a little savory. Very enjoyable.

TeaBrat

glad you’re feeling better!

Bonnie

Get well!

LiberTEAS

Thanks. I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday … it’s been a slow progression but I’m feeling pretty good today.

SimpliciTEA

I’m glad you are feeling better!

Azzrian

Nice to see you back around! I was not a big fan of this one – will need to try again but I can see how it would be great when feeling ill!

CHAroma

Boo to the flu! The last time I had the flu, my brain was literally frying from the fever. My mom came to visit and according to her, I repeatedly asked to be taken to the hospital because I was convinced I was dying. :P Glad you’re feeling better and up to drinking tea again! :)

LiberTEAS

That was the part that was most disturbing to me. I didn’t even have the strength to make a pot of tea, nor did I find myself really wanting anything … even tea, most of the time. I just wanted to be put out of my misery. UGH!

Kittenna

Haha, the last time I had the flu, I repeatedly went to the doctor because my throat hurt so badly, and the day I spent feverishly in bed, hallucinating, I made my boyfriend sit next to me for hours because I was worried I was going to die. I wouldn’t even let him lie next to me, because I was too hot and it hurt to be touched. Man, does the flu ever suck!!! Glad you’re feeling better :)

CHAroma

ROFL, Krystaleyn! We are two peas in a pod!

Comments

TeaBrat

glad you’re feeling better!

Bonnie

Get well!

SimpliciTEA

I’m glad you are feeling better!

Azzrian

Kittenna

CHAroma

ROFL, Krystaleyn! We are two peas in a pod!

I am obsessed with tea!