When I first opened the pouch, I inhaled deeply to take a big sniff of it, and I could really smell the cardamom and the coriander – especially the coriander. Another quick sniff offered hints of mint … but a peppery mint. Tulsi? And yes, the crispness of peppermint. This is one that I didn’t even need to read the description of to know what was in it – the nose knows!

It smells amazing – slightly peppery and citrus-y and warm, together with hints of green vegetables. The brewed tea has a very savory element to the aroma. Yes, I must agree with Bonnie, this is very Thai-food-like … it makes me want to have a big plate of pad thai in front of me (of course, it’s not unusual that I want pad thai!)

The flavor is really amazing. Sweet and creamy, the spices are not as strong as the aroma had led me to believe they would be. Yes, I taste them, but they are in balance with the tea – not overpowering it … and it smelled like that might be the case. It smelled very lovely and strong, however, it tastes very lovely and well-balanced.

The spices are warm but not spicy … they have hints of sweetness as well as a peppery tone that is more of a savory pepper than a spicy pepper. Hints of citrus. Green beans. Tasting a bit like a stir fry with green beans that have been cooked to a crisp-tender stage and then carefully cooked with a delicious, savory sauce.

As I continue to sip, I taste the hints of tulsi, as well as the peppermint. I am glad that the peppermint is not a strong flavor, instead, it seems to enhance the flavor of the tulsi that is slightly minty and peppery. These two components lend to the fresh taste of this tea, to the crispness, and the lightness, keeping it from tasting too heavy or too laden with spice.

Very yummy! I will definitely be re-steeping this to see what happens.

Bonnie

Yes it does make you want to eat! I bought some pudding to make a flavored version with this tea this weekend. Infusions are so much fun. Infusion into coconut milk would be nice. Even slushing it…gooooood! This makes my imagination go crazy!

Comments

Bonnie

I am obsessed with tea!