This is the last of the tea samples that the lovely Ashley gave to me. The liquid is deeper this time since I used my press and there are no big particles in my cup. Lovely. Favorite part about my press so far.

It is a goregous red-brown. My first cup of this using my tea ball sure didn’t look this way. I’m taking that as a good sign. This tea smells like liquid red hots. I could spend all day just smelling this tea and I would be happy. It tastes like them too, but something is off about it. On the forefront of the sip is the sweet and spicy cinnamon, but then there is a strange taste. It almost tastes chalky.

Something about this isn’t quite melding for me. I think it might be the rooibos that I am tasting, but I’m not sure. I think I might like this better as their black tea blend. It isn’t bad, so the rating is going up. I wouldn’t reach for this on my own. I think the flavor needs to be with a stronger base to get it to meld together for me.