Smells like absolute heaven in the bag and doesn’t disappoint when brewed. The scent reminds me of spice and pie crust, very similar to a British Mince pie. The flavour was sweet at first with a soft spice on the back of the throat. The apples really stand out and the beets give it a simple, light earthy taste that really compliments the spice and also a gorgeous pink hue. As it cooled, I didn’t feel the same way, it was dull and bland tasting. Next time I’ll try it with a second steep!

3 down – 497 to go!

Growing up in an Irish family, tea was a staple. A huge, wide mug with lots of milk and sugar. Still to this day I find complete comfort in a nice cuppa Irish tea. But nowadays I have come to appreciate the quality and craftsmanship that goes into tea. I had my first cup of loose leaf Japanese green tea when I was 16 at a pretty fancy (and expensive) Japanese restaurant. After the first sip, I fell in love.

Since then, I’ve been slowly collecting different teas, some of which have been lost to friends, family and ex’s. But I still seem to stock up.

So because of this love and appreciation, I’ve decided to set myself a tea tasting goal! 1000 different teas by my 25th birthday January 12th, 2015. With the help of samples from various tea shops, a tea journal, Steepster account, Tumblr blog and a few tea parties (with tea alcohol and food of course) I plan on accomplishing this goal! You can see my progress on my Steepster account! Cheers and lets get this caffeine induced coma going!

Buying tea can be expensive, I always appreciate samples! :)

Cheers