drank Jasmine Trip by Daoli

I was really curious about that tea. I tend to associate the smell of jasmine with freshly washed clothes, since washing powders often have the jasmine aroma added. So at first I was a bit put off by the aroma of dry leaves. I just don’t like jasmine that much.

Still, when I made my first cup (1 dl/3,4 oz water, leaves washed) I was pleasantly surprised. The aroma of jasmine wasn’t so strong as I had feared and mixed really well with slightly earthy and salty accents of tea.
The taste itself was well rounded, somehow thick but not too “earthy”. It was much smoother than my everyday pu erh. The aftertaste was an interesting mix of sweet and bitter feels.

Even though I like this tea, it is not the thing I would drink everyday. I am yet to develop the taste for pu erh teas and I don’t like jasmine too much. But for someone who does, this might be his perfect tea.

Architecture student, freelance illustrator. Drinks a litre per day.

This is how I like my tea:
I recently equiped myself with lovely gaiwan and kyusu, both of which I put to use multiple times a day. only now and then will I just put some leaves in a cup and fill it with hot water. Speaking of which, tap water in my area is very rich in minerals but also very clean.

At the moment, I am drinking mostly oolongs and greens, with an occasional puerh now and then. I enjoy my tea without milk or sugar (except english breakfast blend).

Slovenia