drank ancient arbor by Daoli

What a tea!

With this one. I had absolutely no idea what to expect. I haven’t tried raw pu erh before so it was a completely new experience for me. I would like to go into detail wit this one, at risk of someone calling me a snob. I sometimes like things scientific.

Dry leaves look really neat, quite similar in size, not too dark brown in color and mostly undamaged. They also aren’t brittle, but rather firm and strong to the touch.

Firstly, I washed the leaves (5 g) with a bit of almost boiling water for few seconds. Then I steeped with 1 dl (3,4 oz) 90 degrees C water for 45 seconds. The brew had a wonderfull smoky aroma, almost incense-like. Surprisingly light, without the earthiness I am used to with pu erh (but I guess I should know better by now). The taste was almost sweet, but matched nicely with the smell. It reminded me of dried fruits. The lingering feel in my mouth was somehow bitter, put pleasant.

At the third cup, it will probably take some more steeps for all the overtones of this wonderful pu erh to surface, but I feel I can safely say that this is one of my favourite teas so far.

Architecture student, freelance illustrator. Drinks a litre per day.

This is how I like my tea:
I recently equiped myself with lovely gaiwan and kyusu, both of which I put to use multiple times a day. only now and then will I just put some leaves in a cup and fill it with hot water. Speaking of which, tap water in my area is very rich in minerals but also very clean.

At the moment, I am drinking mostly oolongs and greens, with an occasional puerh now and then. I enjoy my tea without milk or sugar (except english breakfast blend).

Slovenia