drank Ceylon OP1 by Teas Etc

In an attempt to understand black teas better I purchased a tin of Ceylon, Keemun, and Assam from Teas Etc when they were on Select. Inspired by __Morgana__’s side-by-side reviews I thought it’d be good for me to go through these teas today before delving deeper into the Shakespeare box since there are many good black teas in there.

I really don’t know if I’ll be able to write a decent note about these teas. This is my first and all I can say is that it’s a basic black with a slight sweetness. Its a bit more complex/deeper than Golden Moon’s French Breakfast, but would I have guessed that this is an award winner? Probably not. But I think I now know what Ceylon tastes like and that’s the main point of purchasing this. NE