drank Evening Escape by Tea Guys

This tea called to me this morning after reading Doulton’s fabulous write-up on it the other day. I think it was pre-Shakespeare box when I had this last, so I was quite curious to see what I now thought of it. While it steeped I looked at the back of the tea packet where a somewhat lengthier description was written. It was a somewhat vindicating moment in that is mentions Keemun and Lapsang Souchong. The Tea Guys’ website mentions only Keemun and Darjeeling! I thought that I was going crazy as I tried to taste Darjeeling in my earlier cups and kept thinking, “but it tastes more like a Lapsang — maybe it’s how Keemun and Darjeeling interact that makes it smokey?”

With my mind no longer distracted by trying to find things that weren’t in the blend I found this more enjoyable. I think that it’s my favorite Keemun blend by far, and a decent Lapsang Souchong blend. I want to try this tea at boiling next time since I’m getting a dryness at the back of my throat. Bumped up the rating from a 78. NE

ETA: Oh, just remembered the Rose Keemun blend that I loved from the Shakespeare box — so this would be my second-most favorite Keemun blend :)