2 tbsp in 24 oz pot

First tea of the morning. I already knew that my stomach is sensitive in the morning, so this morning, after a few sips with no additions, I found it too bitter/astringent and added a splash of soy creamer. After a few more sips, I also had to add a teaspoon of sugar (for whole pot). Then, I found it tasty and smooth.

After a little more, I realized I was starting to feel a little icky, so I started eating some Carr’s wheat crackers (very reminiscent of digestive biscuits). AHA!!! Now the tea was perfect. Amazing how a bite of something every few sips changes everything.

I think I’ve discovered that I simply have to eat something with my morning tea even if it’s just a slice of toast.

The last cup of the pot was like a perfect morning brew. If I eat with the tea, I bet I could decrease or eliminate the cream and sugar too.

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!