drank Mi Xian Black by Butiki Teas

Did an experiment… After using a heaping tablespoon to prepare about 18oz of tea yesterday, I put the used leaves in about 12oz of cold water in a mason jar in the fridge. Tasted it about 12 hours later, and it is a light but very tasty iced tea!

Since I don’t generally get around to trying a second steeping of my black teas on the same day, I think this might be a great way to get more out of the leaves. It was a seriously refreshing beverage!

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!

Brooklyn