1 tsp for 6 oz

OK, now this is a pleasant tea! Been looking for something inexpensive that tastes decent for a daily morning tea, and this might be it!

It’s not as intense and smoky as the Hao Ya B. But, it does have some Keemun character in a lighter, smoother version. Brewed as I did, there is really not much astringency to speak of (just a little in the finish), but there is definitely flavor.

I think this Keemun is a great value. I’ll have to try a side by side comparison of all the ones I have soon.

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!