drank Panyang Congou by Harney & Sons

1 1/2 tsp in 8 oz

I picked up a tin of this one in my latest Harney order because I’ve been enjoying the Fujian blacks from Teavivre that I’ve tried lately, and it is only $2 per ounce, so why not?

It is a very nice, smooth tea with a slightly earthy quality. Doesn’t need milk or sugar. It’s kind of like a cross between a Keemun and a Yunnan. It’s not that exciting, but at $2 per ounce, it could certainly be a cupboard staple for when I need to make a quick mug of something to run out the door with.

Having a couple of basic teas like this are great so that I can save my favorites for times when I can really sit and savor every sip.

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!