drank Decaf Chai by Element Tea

I’m not big on flavored teas, but some chais do grab me.

I ordered this one mainly because it was decaf and I’m limited on my caffeine intake by doc’s orders.

I’m so glad I bought 4oz of it before they ran out of stock. It is delicious.

It smells strongly of the cinnamon in it when brewed.

The taste is such a mix of its ingredients I’m not sure how to describe it… if you like sweet and cinnamony blacks with that mouth-tingle that cloves can give, you’ll like this.

It was tasty on its own, then to try it milked up I added just the slightest touch of Pacific Select Low Fat Vanilla soymilk. Heavenly. This will be a regular cup for me.

Very flavorful on it’s own or milked. Gulpgulpgulp.

Note to those who read my reviews:

I only about a year ago learned I have synesthesia and that is why I’ve always wrote my reviews primarily in colors. Clearly, if you’ve read any recently, that’s still how I write most of the time as that’s still how I best describe flavors. Today I realized that may be worth putting out there for folks who come across my reviews.
Moving on:

Unless otherwise noted, I use 2.25g of tea to 6oz of water for my tastings.

Geeky, vegan, dominant, serious, non-gendered, childfree, eclectic, alternatively-styled, friendly and open-minded are good descriptors of me, I think. Also: extremely introverted, but not at all shy.

I grew up on bag teas, mainly Lipton, at my father’s and great-grandmother’s homes. I loved getting up before everyone else and sitting with a hot cup and reading or watching some quiet tv in the morning.

I didn’t bother much with tea for the years of my teenhood because of no longer seeing either of these people and my mother’s house wasn’t one for tea… more coffee drinkers, instead.

During my adulthood I started drinking it again, but still mostly bag teas like Lipton, Tetley, and some herbal mixes. I enjoyed these but went no further…

…until I was at a restaurant one night and ordered a Darjeeling tea to give it a try.

I fell back in love with tea and have since been trying all sorts of loose leaf and some bag teas.

I’m currently delving mainly into white teas, but my tastes wander.

Not sure what else to say here… if you like my notes or are interested in chatting about something, do feel free to send a note. I love meeting new folks, especially since we share at least one interest, being on this site and all.

NYC