drank Keemun Rhapsody by Adagio Teas

Went with the basics this morning. My Lock & Lock bottle and Keemun Rhapsody. Straight, no sweetener or cream. I polished off the sampler tin that I fill up for work. This is my last day of work until returning from an over 2-weeks-long vacation, so I’ll probably forget to bring some back for a week or two once I return!

I am still musing how to bring along some loose tea on my travels for the next 2 and a half weeks. I would hate to lose tea or have it get loose all in my bags! I will definitely bring the Lock & Lock, and I can put some loose tea in its lower compartment. Oooo… maybe I’ll put some in some small zip bags (of which I have a ton – but I’m not sure if they are technically food safe, they are those jewelry ones), dump out the Orange Dulce I didn’t like and stuff the bags in the canister I got for it. It’s a nice canister and would probably travel well. Hmmm… this merits thought.

When I was a very young child, I swallowed an ice cube whole. It got stuck in my throat, and my mother had me drink hot tea to melt it away. That started a love affair with tea that has never abated.

I dabbled with Celestial Seasonings and other grocery store teabags for awhile, in my young and foolish days. But a few years ago, my husband got me a tea of the month subscription from Adagio, and I found that there was a whole other world of tea out there that I had never experienced.

I love drinking tea, and I love the personal ceremony of making a glass or pot of tea for myself. It’s like a meditation.

DFW, Texas