There was a time when I could drink caffiene any time and still sleep like a baby. Apparently those days are over, so I’m drinking more tisanes in the evening. Since I am not a fan of decaf coffee I have stayed away from decaf teas, but I might give those a try as well. At any rate, I bought a few new herbals and tisanes and gave a couple a try last night.

I really wanted to like this one, but I’m just not feelin’ it. There was a bitterness that tasted like the pith of an orange rather than the peel. The strength of it made my jaw clench. I added a bit of sugar, and, while it did bring out more of the orange flavor, the bitterness was still there. I checked out the ingredients: orange peel, apples, rosehips, hibiscus, cranberry, rooibos, and natural flavor. Maybe it was the cranberry that did me in?

I can’t see myself drinking this one, so if anyone would like to try it let me know. It’s not a bad tisane, it’s just not for me.