drank Pear-Lemon Panache by Teavana

When I ordered the two lemon herbals and some gear from Teavana, I tossed this one in mostly to qualify for free shipping but also because I was curious to try something with a pear flavor other than the Tazo Green Ginger, which I didn’t care for very much. (I thought I wasn’t tasting the pear in that, but the last few times I’ve tried it I’ve concluded I am tasting the pear — it’s what is taking the edge off the ginger — but I still don’t love it.)

This is another chunky, colorful, trail-mix texture mix, with a very dominant, and pleasant, scent of dried pear to the dry mix. There’s a nutty undercurrent that is consistent with the trail mix idea.

The liquor is a delightful color; a peachy pink color that I think we referred to as melon when it was the in clothing color for women last decade (but since it was last decade I could be misremembering). There’s a fruity, almost wine-like aroma that along with the color makes me think of a blush wine.

The taste. Rose hips and hibiscus. What more can I say? They have their place but they seem to overpower many an otherwise promising drink with unwarranted tartness where sweetness would have been more consistent with the flavor of the fruit itself. The pear is underneath this tart, somewhat lemon-laced flavor, along with some apple, and yeah, I can taste the pineapple too. I really wish they’d gone for sweet with this one rather than tart. It could have been miraculous.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California