drank Caribbean Breeze by Teavana

I’m trying this side by side with Tazo Passion just for fun. I’m trying them without sweetening first.

For starters, the colors of the steeped tisanes are nearly identical. They might even be identical, but I didn’t attempt to assure that they were exactly the same in terms of dry mix to water ratio. I made the Caribbean Breeze in the Breville, the Passion is in a sachet so I just poured boiling water over it and steeped 5 minutes.

The aroma of the Caribbean Breeze is sweeter and more berry like. The Passion is more hibiscusy in aroma.

The Passion has that unsweetened black cherry juice taste, for sure. The Caribbean Breeze is in fact quite similar tasting. It is sweeter, though, with a strawberry leaning taste. To put this in synesthetic terms, the Passion tastes lower than the Caribbean Breeze. If Caribbean Breeze starts at middle C, Passion starts at bass C.

With sweetening the strawberry-leaning note in the Caribbean Breeze becomes more pronounced. But I’m finding it hard to argue with my initial impression, that apart from that strawberry in the mix, the two are very similar. I think Passion may have a slightly more interesting taste than Caribbean Breeze, but not enough to quibble over.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California