drank Coconut by Adagio Teas

I’m not sure how I ended up with this. I thought it was part of the Flavors sampler, but when I look at the site now, it isn’t listed among the current Flavors samples. It might be that they’ve changed the sampler since I ordered this a few months ago. I think that’s what happened. As I look at the reviews of the sampler on the Adagio site, it appears some of them had coconut in them.

In the tin, it has a sort of greenish coconut fragrance, rather than the toasted coconut I’ve enjoyed in other blends (typically also with chocolate or another flavor included as well). The tea’s aroma has a sort of suntan lotiony smell, which I love in suntan lotion, but the lotion part isn’t great in tea.

The flavor is similar to the aroma, in that it has a greener coconut taste. I suppose it is attempting to capture fresh coconut flavor rather than toasted. I have no quarrel with that being the goal, I just prefer the toasted coconut flavor. (Fortunately, there is no lotion in the taste.)

Still, this is tasty, and it’s nice for what it is. I wouldn’t rule out buying more of it. I’d probably be more likely to buy one with a toasty coconut flavor, or a coconut combined with chocolate or something else, though.

Auggy

Have you tried SerendipiTea’s Burroughs’ Brew? I thought I loved Adagio’s coconut until I had it. It’s got a great toasted coconut flavor that is really delicious (or at least was almost a year ago… unless my tea tastes have changed that dramatically since then).

__Morgana__

No, I haven’t, I’ll add it to the list for when I come out of lockdown!

mpierce87

The Borroughs’ Brew sounds good. I like coconut flavored things, just not real coconut. Strange, eh?

Auggy

I actually don’t like real coconut either! Mostly because the texture is just not pleasant at all. Though I have had toasted coconut strips and that was pretty awesome – the only real coconut I’ve liked.

Lazey

I’m thinking it would be better mixed with chocolate tea too.

Comments

Auggy

__Morgana__

No, I haven’t, I’ll add it to the list for when I come out of lockdown!

mpierce87

Lazey

I’m thinking it would be better mixed with chocolate tea too.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California