I have about enough of this left for another cup or two (big cups… when I drink tisanes at night I go for the 16 oz size as all that heat is bound to make me sleepy), and it has grown on me some over the course of drinking way more of this than I probably should have ordered (S&V doesn’t have samples, so you sort of have to buy the smallest size they have and for this one that size was 4 oz.). I was pretty optimistic about this one from the description so I happily bought 4 oz of it.

I gave up on the experimentation described in my previous note and just focused on getting the proportion of mixture to water right, and it turned out that more was a lot better in this case. I’m putting in about double the amount I’d ordinarily expect per cup, and that gives it a good bit of flavor. It’s still missing a sweetness that I’d like to see in a lemon tisane and it still has an edge of bitterness that I could do without, but in between is a decent amount of lemon flavor.

Though it has grown on me, I don’t feel like it has grown enough to justify bumping up the rating. I likely won’t buy more when I decupboard, which I expect to be sometime this weekend.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Bay Area, California