drank Blood Orange by Adagio Teas

The smell of the raw tea is amazing. The directions say one heaping tsp/cup with a steeping time of 5-10 minutes with boiling water. I’m going for the max steeping time because even with a heaping tsp, it doesn’t look like much. Maybe my heaping is not adagio’s heaping. Who knows.

First infusion: The smell is more floral than citrus. That must be the hibiscus. The first taste is tart but is balanced by a sweetness that complements the tart. Very well balanced. This has the distinction of being the very first loose leaf tea that I don’t need to add anything to or experiment with. Definitely going on my will need more of list. The only thing that could make this better would be just a hint of spice. Maybe I should try blending this with the spiced apple chai.

Second infusion: Very little color to the tea, but the smell has more of a citrus smell. Not a lot of taste, though. I guess this is a one infusion preparation.

Boiling 8 min or more