drank Green and Fruity by DAVIDsTEA

This was one of the last teas I bought before moving out of Canada.. and I kept forgetting to try it!

DRY: Smells almost like peaches and cream instant oatmeal. Fruity with a little woodsy. Lots of bricks of dark orange and yellow fruit things.

STEEPED: Ambery look (as always) and fruit smell. I snagged a steeped dark orange chunk and it was very tasty dried papaya. Dang, I could probably snack on them and wreck future cups of tea. Other chunks turned out to be apple and I saw one melted looking fruit that was probably mango.

Looks like I didn’t get the water hot enough. My kettle was purchased in the US with F temperatures, with DT’s temperatures listed in C.. and I only know C so I failed at choosing a hot enough water setting.

TASTE: Light tea. Green roobios with a hit of apple sweetness, and I can taste a little papaya filling my mouth. The green roobios is pretty nice and is the main taste, with fruit in the background. The fruit flavor stays in my mouth after I finish the cup – very yum. I tossed in a couple rock sugars with 40% of my cup left and it brought out the sweetness of the fruit a bit more.

WHO WOULD LIKE THIS TEA: fruity peeps – papaya tea is uncommon. Roobios drinkers, however this green roobios is not bad and this roobios-disliker liked this cup of tea. People who like/want decaf tea.

COMMENTS: Not bad – I love the papaya and I now need to try more teas with papaya in it. I’m not a huge roobios fan, but this tea had a great flavor to it with a great combo of fruit and the green roobios being very good.

I want to try this double strength iced and rock sugar sweetened. I’d drink this whole 20g I got and not share, but probably won’t buy more – it is pretty nice tea but it didn’t punch-me-in-the-face-wow-me and not in my favorite range of tastes. However, I would recommend others to try this tea. I can see why this is a popular DT tea.