4th Fusion tea I purchased (just how many teas did I buy? You’ll find out once I stop reviewing them lol).

OBSERVATIONS: Looking at the ingredients list – this has the same ingredients as “Roasted Cocoa Mate” but with the addition to spearmint. Doh! I might of passed on this tea or “Roasted Cocoa Mate” if I noticed this at ordering.

DRY: Spearminty with a hint of roasted goodness. Lots of big slices of almond.

STEEPED: Dark, cloudy brew. Smell of robust roastedness with spearmint piercing through.

TASTE: Refreshing mintyness, with a background mix of chocolate flavors and some light roasted/toasty flavors from the mate/nuts/barley/rice. The mint flavor stays in the mouth after each sip. I do not notice any mocha/coffee flavors.

WHO’D DIG THIS TEA: Mate lovers, herbal mint tea folk who want a kick-in-the-face mate wakeup in the morning.

COMMENTS: I’d say the spearmint was a smart choice over peppermint because it added a different kind of mint than most mint-tea blends. The spearmint is pretty strong too and does a piercing hit of mint without adding any sludgyness oversteeped peppermint can do.

Comparing it to “Roasted Cocoa Mate” (from Fusion) – the addition of peppermint added a new dimension that the regular Cocoa mate was missing. However, I kind of wish the Cocoa mate had more chocolate flavor to set it apart more, or added more mocha to the Roasted Mocha Mint. However, Roasted Mocha Mint I can totally taste the same “roasted cocoa mate” base in the background once I got past the mint.

Comparing it to a similar tea I have, DavidsTea “Read my Lips” (black/peppermint/chocolate/sugarlips) Roasted Mocha Mint mate has no sweetness but the spearmint lingers in the mouth longer + a roasted flavor. “Read My lips” is more chocolatey and the black tea comes out.

I wish this had MOAR CHOCOLATE or some more mocha elements like it’s name says, but overall pretty decent. Fusion has delicious mate and I wish I could drink more of it a day but I limit myself to 1 cup of mate a day so I’m not climbing the walls.

Probably won’t buy more of this, but will enjoy each cup.