drank Peppermint Bark by Della Terra Teas

I got this from my Christmas card exchange with Khaleesical. I am drinking it now, as I feel like I should drink a Christmas tea on… Christmas. This tea is only fine for me. It brewed really weak, which is a disappointment. I don’t know if the mug I used to brew it is just bigger than I thought and I didn’t use enough tea, or what happened. I used 2 teaspoons (a bit over) for 16 ounces.

Anyway, besides brewing tea a bit weak for me, this tea is lovely. It tastes like I remember Celestial Seasonings’ Candy Cane Lane to taste like, as it has a sweet backdrop to a mint flavor. This is a very good tea if you are looking for a black tea with mint and other sweet flavors. It falls a bit flat for me, though, and I can’t put a finger on why I’m not absolutely in love with it.

With all of that said, I would likely order this tea on my own. I believe I could become really excited about it if I was in the perfect mood for it.

I like Chinese black tea varieties best, followed closely by roasted Oolongs. I find white tea somewhat boring, and that makes me feel bad and unsophisticated. I have a terrible habit of buying green teas and trying to like them and never succeeding. I like Pu-Erh teas, but only on certain occasions, mostly during rainy weather.

I live in New York, but I’m a poorly adjusted Southern transplant. I write poetry and go to school for it. I’m not actually very good. If you like William Carlos Williams, I like you. I tend to talk too much, even online, and I have a horrible capacity for babbling.

I also like either upscale cocktail bars or really dive-y grungy places with cheap well vodka. And very spicy food when I’m stressed or sad.

That’s about it. Except I watch really horrible horror movies when I write. I have better taste in movies than that, but the furious noise of crap keeps me concentrated on my craft.

As a note: I will be away from home, and thus my tea collection, visiting my parents from December 21st-January 15th. As a result, I may not have access to teas in my cupboard, and will only be able to do limited swaps. I feel like I should make a note of that, even though no one’s like chomping the bit to swap with me.

New York