reviewed David's Mason Jar by DAVIDsTEA

This new mug is the love of my life. Seriously, I’ve not used anything else since I got it. As a Southern girl living in Toronto, this behemoth is a dream come true. And it’s huge! Which is awesome, but I would not recommend trying a new tea in this because if you don’t like it, you’ve still got 25 ounces t drink XD. The infuser is just as big, which is great, but a touch hard to clean. It’s heavy and stable and looks great in my collection. I recommend it to everyone and anyone.

Amariel

I hope to get it for the summer to cold steep smaller amounts of tea, rather than huge pitchers, for when I just want a few servings.

Roswell Strange

I’m cold steeping in it right now!

Fjellrev

Actually, yeah, that’s a pretty good size for cold steeps since I sometimes find my 2L jug too much (and always feel obligated to fill it all the way up). Yet, I can’t help but associate mason jars with hipsters haha.

Cavocorax

I like the idea of this, but the 25 oz thing makes me hesitate! I guess you’d probably run through more leaf this way because after drinking 25oz, you will NOT want to resteep and do it again! But for teas I won’t resteep anyways…. it could be really awesome!

Roswell Strange

Meh, I hardly ever resteep as is. I usually only resteep if someone else suggests it, for some (most) of my oolongs, and some whites. I dislike greens – so it’s weird enough when I crave one cup a green tea, two is just too much. I’m definitely burning through more leaf (easier sipdowns) this way, though.

Cavocorax

Hmmm… You bring up some very good points. I may succumb to this tomorrow when I hit a DAVIDsTEA! (I’m buying 20g samples of tea or my sister in law who’s just getting started! So exciting!)

aisling of tea

Do it, do iiiiiit. You won’t regret it. And eeee, isn’t it fun to bring someone into tea? My friends call me a “tea pusher” because I’ve done it so often.

Cavocorax

Haha. And yes, it’s AWESOME to bring someone into tea, even if it’s for the very selfish reason that I want someone else to talk tea with.

And I succumbed. I totally succumbed. :D

Comments

Amariel

Roswell Strange

I’m cold steeping in it right now!

Fjellrev

aisling of tea

And I succumbed. I totally succumbed. :D

So…yeah. That’s me and my tea!

Feel free to find me on twitter, my username is ladykittykat!

Scarborough, ON