One hot flash rinse yielded a light nutty/grainy and buttery tea, almost like plain egg noodles.

30sec 1st cool infusion (70-80 degrees celsius): Like the hot rinse, but stronger with the buttery notes stronger than the grainy, and vegetal. Savoury and satisfying with the lightest of astringency lingering on the tongue.

60sec 2nd cool infusion: Same as above but more vegetal and a little more astringent on the tongue.

90sec 3rd cool infusion: Buttery, vegetal and slightly grainy, less astringent than 2nd infusion.

90sec 4th hotter infusion (80-90 degrees): Weaker tasting notes as above (grainy notes coming through more than butter), a bit more astringent.

120sec 5th hot infusion (~90 degrees): Vegetal and grainy, less astringent, quite light.

I’m Robbie!

I’m 19, a 3rd chemistry student from Dublin, Ireland.

I am obsessed with tea. It started as a nice way to relax, turning into a hobbie and now it is becoming a lifestyle! I am a novice, only been seriously drinking loose leaf for about 5 months, but wow has it been a blast! I find myself browsing tea vendor websites daily, noting the next teas I want to buy, and emptying my bank account as soon as its full again so I can get my fix!

I am falling in love with oolong both green and dark, experimenting with pu-erh and getting a feel for whats around, indulging in sweet and vegetal chinese greens with the intention of trying some sencha soon enough, relaxing with a nice silver needle white every once in a while, and awakening the senses with some black, the source of my tea passion!

Hoping to make some tea friends, both in person and online so I can share my experiences! So follow me on steepster and twitter and lets share some tea :)

Dublin, Ireland