drank Fantasy Island by DAVIDsTEA

Fantasy Island was not as big of a Fantasy for me as I thought it would be, the tea was originally part of Davids spring collection I believe it was; however it was brought on as a full time tea I am assuming due to popularity. This is another good one for coconut lovers.

Dry this tea will look a lot like Stormy Night; however instead of chunks of chocolate it has chunks of raspberry. Coconut flakes are just as prevalent as in stormy night. It has a nice soft coconut and berry smell to it that remains throughout steeping. Brewing this tea will reward you with a dark aromatic brew again quite similar to Stormy Night expect minus the cinnamon this time around.

The final brew is moderately delicious I found it required sweetening to be up to my standards; however as I have mentioned before I have a slightly overly active sweet tooth. I generally do not add milk to my tea’s; however I found this one more enjoyable with a small splash of 2%.

Push comes to shove this is a good tea, I am not sure where it sits in my book as I do drink it daily but it isn’t one I have grown to love or hate so its still up in the air if I will replace this tin when it runs out. But certainly worth grabbing a sample pack to try out and see if it is worth it for you.

TIP: Mix equal parts of Stormy Night and Fantasy Island and steep for 4 minutes at 96*C and enjoy yourself a cup of my own creation, I call it “A Stormy Night on Fantasy Island” the girls at the local Davids got a kick out of that. It tastes great mostly because the teas are so similar that it works out great.

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot!

I will attempt to taste and comment on each and every blend offered from DAVIDsTEA and of course anything else that comes across my path.

I only drink tea brewed from loose leaf tea, and tend to sweeten my teas with a teaspoon of raw cane sugar per 8oz of tea and consider a cup either 12oz or 16oz depending on what mug I want to use.

I generally do not put milk in my tea’s; however sometimes I may make a ‘London Fog’ style drink or add milk to herbal infusions to add a bit more creaminess to it.

And I generally enjoy drink a nice hot tea while relaxing listening to some Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd.

I am quite liberal with my Tea ratings, I take the smiley face to heart for judging. If I really like it then it will score a high grade regardless of the brand or if I can keep it in my cupboard or not. But to break it down further a bit more check this out:

0-10 – Wouldn’t drink it if I was dying.
10-20 – Are you sure this didn’t come out of a bag?
20-50 – There is hope for this tea…somewhere but not here
50-60 – Drinkable, but not stockable
60-70 – Ok, were onto something here!
70-80 – Wow you gotta try this
80+ I freaking love it, where can I buy it?

Vancouver, B.C.