drank Read My Lips by DAVIDsTEA

Ok, ok you paying attention? now Read My Lips…

Wow this tea totally broke me and converted a family member to tea, it is literally like drinking a mint chocolate chip. They were not joking when they say this is the best Chocolate tea in the world!

Dry the tea is a cornucopia of colors and little bits and pieces, it has the soft aroma of chocolate and mint, who would have thought that seeing as they key ingredients! Unfortunately I didn’t take the time to smell the tea while it was steeping, but luckily this isn’t a big factor.

The final brew is a golden brown color and has a pleasing chocolate aroma to it. The peppercorns add just the perfect amount of bite to this otherwise sweet tea, hands down one of my favorite teas from DT I honestly do not think I could get tired of drinking this one, one cup even converted my coffee drinking sister and caused her to order some immediately.

This is a must try tea for everyone, I honestly do not know how someone couldn’t like this tea as it is exactly what it claims, no frills or gimmicks just an awesome cup of tea.

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot!

I will attempt to taste and comment on each and every blend offered from DAVIDsTEA and of course anything else that comes across my path.

I only drink tea brewed from loose leaf tea, and tend to sweeten my teas with a teaspoon of raw cane sugar per 8oz of tea and consider a cup either 12oz or 16oz depending on what mug I want to use.

I generally do not put milk in my tea’s; however sometimes I may make a ‘London Fog’ style drink or add milk to herbal infusions to add a bit more creaminess to it.

And I generally enjoy drink a nice hot tea while relaxing listening to some Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd.

I am quite liberal with my Tea ratings, I take the smiley face to heart for judging. If I really like it then it will score a high grade regardless of the brand or if I can keep it in my cupboard or not. But to break it down further a bit more check this out:

0-10 – Wouldn’t drink it if I was dying.
10-20 – Are you sure this didn’t come out of a bag?
20-50 – There is hope for this tea…somewhere but not here
50-60 – Drinkable, but not stockable
60-70 – Ok, were onto something here!
70-80 – Wow you gotta try this
80+ I freaking love it, where can I buy it?

Vancouver, B.C.