drank Whisky White by DAVIDsTEA

This was one of the first two teas I have received from my initial online order from DT. As I mentioned with Lapsang Souchong Star I am a huge fan of Whisky so this was a must try for me and well honestly I cant say it tastes like any Whisky I have ever had.

Dry this tea has a sweet peach aroma to it with a light nut undertone from the macadamia nuts, and is loaded with colorful bits of fruits and other goodies, nothing here gave me the distinct reminder of whiskey; however it also doesn’t smell bad. Steeping brings out the peach aroma a bit more but otherwise it was fairly unchanged.

The final brew is golden in color and retains it peach aroma, it has a sweet taste on the tongue that as I mentioned does not remind me of any type of whisky I have ever had. Almost reminds me of Life Long Oolong, so while it doesn’t really live up to it’s name it is a decent blend.

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot!

I will attempt to taste and comment on each and every blend offered from DAVIDsTEA and of course anything else that comes across my path.

I only drink tea brewed from loose leaf tea, and tend to sweeten my teas with a teaspoon of raw cane sugar per 8oz of tea and consider a cup either 12oz or 16oz depending on what mug I want to use.

I generally do not put milk in my tea’s; however sometimes I may make a ‘London Fog’ style drink or add milk to herbal infusions to add a bit more creaminess to it.

And I generally enjoy drink a nice hot tea while relaxing listening to some Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd.

I am quite liberal with my Tea ratings, I take the smiley face to heart for judging. If I really like it then it will score a high grade regardless of the brand or if I can keep it in my cupboard or not. But to break it down further a bit more check this out:

0-10 – Wouldn’t drink it if I was dying.
10-20 – Are you sure this didn’t come out of a bag?
20-50 – There is hope for this tea…somewhere but not here
50-60 – Drinkable, but not stockable
60-70 – Ok, were onto something here!
70-80 – Wow you gotta try this
80+ I freaking love it, where can I buy it?

Vancouver, B.C.