This tea looks like shiny green orzo in the bag and smells of green veggies; something close to fresh peas.

I’ve never made a yellow tea before and the merchant didn’t provide any brewing suggestions, so I had to guess on preparation. I decided yellow was half-way between white and green, so I split the difference and used water around 180 degrees.

The final product was a very nice champagne color but the taste was slightly bitter over a light cereal and sweetgrass flavor.

Experts, help me out here. What’s the proper way to make yellow teas?

Angrboda

I’m no expert but I suspect it might have been over-steeped. I’d try it at just one minute and then see it from there. Don’t know if it’s proper though. But it’s what I would do.

Paul M Tracy

I did some research (maybe I should have done that beforehand) and found that Angrboda is correct. Yellow teas steep for 1-2min to start. I tried a second cup and the bitterness was gone, but it also didn’t have much flavor. I’m leaving this one as a “meh” for me.

Comments

Angrboda

Paul M Tracy

avid reader and fitness freak – my tasting notes are brutally honest and range from raving fanaticism to snarky *please don’t take them personally*

Scottsdale, Arizona