drank Earl Grey by Tazo

I am only drinking teas that I am very low on at the moment, in an effort to declutter my physical cupboard (or rather, “shelf”).

I can’t remember the last time I tasted this in front of Steepster (although I remember having a few bags of this on campus with me), and the teabags themselves are obscenely old.

The smell of the dry teabag reminded me very strongly of the earl grey shortbread cookies I purchased one time. A sort of gritty bergamot and cookie smell. Those things were delicious. The steep loses that smell a bit, the bergamot becoming much brighter and citrusy, although pleasant and light.

Aaaaaug it tastes gross. I think these teabags are TOO old. Or at the very least, I seriously oversteeped it. The tea is very bitter, and the bitterness of the bergomat is reaching out too. I also keep thinking I either taste or smell lavender somewhere in there. I think I’m just going to dump this. It was the very last teabag anyways, which is sad because I remember having a good reaction to it when I made it to bring to class with me.

It doesn’t look like I ever gave it a rating previously, and I don’t think I will now. Not until I get a proper cup of this to try.

Rabs

Oh no! Think of the “like” as a “hug.”

__Morgana__

Really, it’s ok to rate it now. This is not a wonderful Earl Grey. I drank quite a bit of it early in my tea adventures and the bergamot is so incredibly strong and volatile it gave me a stomach ache no matter what I did to prepare it. There’s not a lot you can do to improve it, I’m afraid.

AJ

Aw, but it’s not fair if I’m pretty sure the teabag is somewhere OVER five years old.

Comments

Rabs

Oh no! Think of the “like” as a “hug.”

__Morgana__