drank Christmas Morning by Stash Tea Company

I found it! Down in New West, when I had to walk through a marketplace to get to an unrelated tea place. Lucky.

I’m going to go ahead and say that, because both companies are the product of Steven Smith, he must really associate greenblack blends with Christmas. Joy? And Christmast Morning? Or, another way to think of it, would be red-green blends. See what I did there?

Dry, I could definitely pick up jasmine. Steeped, it smelt like Joy, but it’s definitely darker in colour.

First sip—bitter green. Bakey oolong. No black… I think there’s a nutty keemun, and/or a darjeeling in there. Mmm… Getting a dryer black taste now.

Overall, darker and sweeter than Tazo’s Joy. I like this one much better. Damn, and I hinted to my brother that Joy would be a good Christmas present.

I would like to try Smith’s new line of teas, though. I’ve found them at Chapters, but they don’t carry much variety—about three blends. Bergamot was the only black, I believe.

Aaah, picking up a very good ceylon now. With just a touch of green bitterness.