drank Ice Wine by Granville Island Tea Co

I’ve been on the lookout for a good ice wine tea. Seems only proper as a Canadian. I’ve already got maple.

I had a Baroness Grey while I was there, but wasn’t too pleased with it. Picked up fifty grams of this and their House blend as I left.

It’s very mild. The tea, I mean—it’s oddly tasteless. Difficult to describe—I’m not getting a hot water taste. Almost kind of soapy. Which probably isn’t good. The notes of wine are there in the smell (sans alcohol, which is normally all I can smell or taste whenever I try to consume liquor), and there are sweet notes as I sip. Very odd.

Mellow, though. Reminds me of chamomile, even though this is SUPPOSED to be black tea.

Edit: Tea’s gone cold now, and it’s a soapy but grapy taste. Huh.