drank Bolder Breakfast by The Tea Spot

Chocolate tea is still weird to me, but I still like this one, even though it’s a flavored-black-puerh mutt.

I decided instead of having it hot, I’d experiment. I made it the same way I made the Thai Chai earlier — using 4.5 tsp of leaf in half a cup of boiling water, then adding sweetener, milk, and half a glass of ice. Even with the milk and ice, it remains strong. The chocolate is enhanced by the milk, making the tea creamier and calming the black tea’s bitterness. There is a hint of vanilla there as well, and I’m not sure if I mentioned that in my initial review. But it’s not as smooth as a milk chocolate, I’d say. More like baker’s chocolate, or dark chocolate. Strong on the cocoa. Anyway, it’s interesting iced. I might do it again when I’m craving chocolate.

EDIT: Came back to mention that if you choose to prepare it the way I did, expect a pretty strong caffeine buzz!

Iced 4 min, 0 sec