drank White Whisper by Butiki Teas

My first infusion of this lovely tea from Stacy at Butiki (thank you!) was very light. There was a slight silky, butter like quality to it and a hint of fruitiness. I think that perhaps the leaves not having been fully submerged (which I noticed after it had already steeped for 3 minutes) may have lessened the strength of this tea, as it was a little too delicate for my tastes. The flavors were beautiful, just very light.

With my second infusion, I rectified the previous issue of the leaves not having enough contact with the water & it improved things greatly. The resulting tea had a little more color and the weakness of the first infusion is gone. There’s a juicy peach hint to the flavor as well as an underlying floral quality. Still delicate, but more more flavorful. I definitely like this infusion and feel like I have a better understanding of this tea than I got with my first try.

I am usually a fan of more robust darker teas, but I think that I may end up liking the gentler white teas just as much! :)