Concord Grape Bai Mu Dan

White Tea
Grapes, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by Southern Boy Teas

From 52teas

So, I’m a little extra excited about our new freeze-dried grapes. I can’t help it, they are just too much fun to blend with. I’m hoping our customers will forgive me and enjoy this deliciousness.

Here’s a blend of our naturally sweet bai mu dan white tea with freeze-dried grapes and natural flavors.

Our Tea of the Week for the week of May 7, 2012

About 52teas View company

At, you will find unique, hand-blended artisan loose leaf teas: a new limited edition creation every week of the year. We pride ourselves on offering truly unique, one-of-a-kind tea blends that you won’t find anywhere else.

My recent tasting of fresh Concord grapes reminded me to try this again. If I ever thought this tea had a candy grape jelly flavor – who knew, these grapes do taste candy-like. And this tea is perfect in this respect. Oh, brainstorm.. I HAVE to try this with a PB sandwich!

Steep Information:

Aftertaste: none
Liquor: Translucent light brown

Post-Steep Additives: Add sugar, slightly more grape…meh

Rating: 2/4 leaves

I brewed this tea using 195°F water for 3 minutes and then put it in the refrigerator overnight to chill. Today I am enjoying it cold.

This is good. You can tell that the base is white tea. There is a slight hazelnut quality that I associate with white tea. And, despite my having had this tea for awhile now, it still tastes fresh to me. The grape flavor is great. Definitely concord, not candied or artificial tasting. Very clean, fruity, and sweet. There is a brief and pleasant aftertaste of grape. This is a very good tea.