White Chai

Chai White Blend
Apple Pieces, Cardamom, Cinnamon Bark, Cloves, Dried Coconut, Ginger Root, Lemongrass, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Natural Spice Flavour, Pineapple Piece, Red Peppercorn, White Tea
Cinnamon, Ginger, Lemongrass, Peppercorn, Cardamon, Citrus, Clove, Coconut, Fruity, Lemon
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Tabby

From Adagio Teas

White tea, chai spices with lemongrass, coconut, fruit pieces and peppercorn combine for a light bodied zesty cup. Light yellow with complex notes of lemongrass, fruit and spice that dance on the palate. A fiery kick of the peppercorn lingers in the soft sweetness of the fruit.

About Adagio Teas View company

White Chai was unexpectedly lemony. I know lemongrass is the 2nd ingredient, but it’s a chai. Thus, I was really expecting to be hit with spice. Especially after the familiar chai aroma that greeted me when I opened the package. White Chai is light bodied and gives you lemon and ginger at the forefront with cinnamon and red peppercorns in the finish. It took some work bringing the flavor out however. Steeping for the suggested 3 minutes yielded a rather weak tea…some lemon flavor, but no spice that you’d expect from a chai. If you’re looking for spice, you’ll have to either steep longer than the suggested steep time or add more tea. I selected to extend the steep to 5 minutes. I normally wouldn’t steep a white tea for 5 minutes as they usually go bitter, to me, after 2-3 minutes. However, there was such little white tea in this blend that it could really be steeped as an herbal tea for 5-7 minutes. There was no presence of pineapple, coconut, or apple, so if you’re hesitant thinking that it’s overly fruity, it’s not. Overall, I enjoyed White Chai. I even went to go purchase it (currently tasting from a sample pack) to be used as an evening chai, but 3 oz packages are sold out…bummer. Sample packs and teabags are still available though.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Lemongrass, Peppercorn

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Love this tea! Smells absolutely wonderful and it’s just right; spicy and warm but light and sweet all at the same time.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Citrus, Clove, Coconut, Fruity, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass

Mmm, this is unexpectedly the perfect tea for the changing of the seasons. The very first hints of fall are showing here, making me excited for heavy, smoky, and spicy winter teas. But not yet! It’s still in the eighties during the day, and the sun isn’t all the way down until nine.

Anyway! The tea itself is beautiful. Slender, green leaves mixed with bright red peppercorns, white coconut shavings, tan pineapple pieces, yellow lemongrass, brown cloves and cinnamon. The aroma is strong, spicy, and promising. It reminds me a lot of Adagio’s Thai Chai, which is one of my favorites.

This tea brews up to a very light tan, and when the milk is added, it almost goes completely white. Very interesting… I wonder how it would look with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top! Flavorwise, the cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon are in the forefront. There’s really too much going on in this to taste the white tea (at least, in the way that I prepared it). The lemongrass is very present as well, but I can hardly tell there’s any pineapple. Can’t taste that much at all, but it’s there. Same with the coconut. It’s in the very background, but present. Anyway, this is pretty crazy, and I like it a lot. I might have to reorder once it really starts getting cold.

Full disclosure: I didn’t look at the steeping instructions on this. I winged it, for once.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Fruity, Ginger, Lemongrass

carol who

First hints of Fall!!! Eeeeck! Where do you live? I’m not going there. Here in IL it’s still very warm and summer-y. The tea sounds good… but not for a couple months.

mrmopar

Yay fall go away heat…

Tabby

@Carol Atlanta! But it’s just a weird cool spell. I know it will be blazingly hot again soon, and on until October. It’s summer 8 months out of the year here, haha.

I was hoping this tea would be a bit crazier and more unusual, but it is still tasty. Smells like lemon christmas in the bag, and when steeped, reminds me of a lemon ginger tea I used to drink. Spicy lemon is the dominant flavor, with a little sharp zing that might be the peppercorns or might be the ginger. I don’t believe this is caffeine free, which makes it tricky as to what time of day I might drink it. Overall a bright, lemony, pick me up

Flavors: Citrus, Coconut, Ginger, Lemon

This is a very spicy, flavorful tea that is reminiscent of the traditional black versions but with less caffeine! Major thumbs up!