Organic Sencha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Azzrian

• “Full Review will be on http://sororiteasisters.com/ on the 20th but here are my snippits: I found this cup to have a nutty appeal, grassy of course, and just a slight seaweed flavor. While...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: I love Aiya. They're really a great company - and they provide some of the finest Japanese teas available. I have never been disappointed by a tea from them. They're always fresh,...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4449 tasting notes

From Aiya

Organic Sencha is one of the highest in quality in the Japanese internationally certfied organic Sencha category. This grade of Organic Sencha is rare even in the Japanese market. This tea is grown to meet strict organic regulations while maintaining a light refreshing flavor and aroma with a clear green appearance.

Preparation:

Bring the water to a boil and allow it to cool to 80°C/176°F. Steep 1 heaping teaspoon (3g) of Organic Sencha for 1.5 minutes in 1 cup (240 ml/8 oz) of hot water. With this tea, one can pour more hot water over the tea leaves and enjoy another cup.

Ingredients:

Organic Japanese Green Tea – Organic Sencha

About Aiya View company

I found this cup to have a nutty appeal, grassy of course, and just a slight seaweed flavor. While also vegetal, I find the vegetal notes to be somewhat tame.

This sencha also leaves a lovely floral essence on the palate. It is a surprising and delicious experience.

Backlog:

I love Aiya. They’re really a great company – and they provide some of the finest Japanese teas available. I have never been disappointed by a tea from them. They’re always fresh, always amazing.

This Japanese Sencha is no exception – fresh, vegetative, and so lovely to sip.

Here’s my full-length review of it: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/03/17/organic-sencha-green-tea-from-aiya/