Celtic Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by Jeremy Meyers

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I spent yesterday afternoon organizing and cleaning out my tea cupboard. Amazing what motivation a little bit of grief can get you! My brother used to be into tea and is getting back into it, so I...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 361 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

Our Celtic Blend is classic Irish Breakfast black tea done one better. Its small, compact leaves produce an impressively big, bold flavor that’s great on its own or with milk and sugar. From one look at Celtic Blend’s deep umber leaves and copper-bronze buds, you will know that this is no ordinary Irish Breakfast. Before you brew, note the leaves’ floral, malty sweetness and spicy note of cracked black pepper. Savor the deep garnet brew’s aromas of malt, stonefruit and flowers, and prepare for the bold, tannic tastes it holds. As you sip the strong, spicy brew, note its subtle flavor of unripe plum. As the puckery, astringent aftertaste fades, catch a fleeting hint of cured tobacco. Pair Celtic Blend with bold breakfast or brunch foods, or enjoy it as a mid-morning energy boost.

A robust blend of Indian Blacks (Assam & Nilgiri) and a Chinese black to create this strong and flavorful classic.

About American Tea Room View company

1 Tasting Note

I spent yesterday afternoon organizing and cleaning out my tea cupboard. Amazing what motivation a little bit of grief can get you! My brother used to be into tea and is getting back into it, so I sent pretty much all oolongs and other straight teas I don’t love his way. I also have a ton of flavored teas I’ll be posting in the take it away thread. But in the process of my purge and cleanse, I found this tea hiding behind something else. There is only enough for a few mugfuls, but I was super happy to find it. There is a great rich maltiness to it that takes my cream and honey well. Next time I reorder Brioche, I’ll probably add a small bag of this to my order.

Ooh good to know :)