Doomni Estate Assam FGTGFOP (CL)

Honey, Malt, Stonefruits
Edit tea info Last updated by yyz

• “This tea is quite lovely well made Assam that is lighter and more fruity than the Borsapori Assam I have from Capital Tea. This one smells like dark chocolate mixed with molasses ginger...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 341 tasting notes
  • “This one's lighter and more floral, a teensy bit Darj-y in some ways. I liked it, and it resteeped ok just like all the other Assams from Capital I've tried. But I prefer the darker, heavier,...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 612 tasting notes
  • “Very nice and satisfying cup of Assam came to me from *ifjuly*. Thank you ! 1tsp 205F 3min 8oz This tea is very smooth and on a milder side which means its perfect without additives. Floral,...” Read full tasting note
    boychik 306 tasting notes
  • “With a mildly malty & subtlely sweet taste, this high-quality tea is a great choice for those who like their Assams on the milder side. A bit pricey, though. First infusion – 3 g. per 8 oz. water,...” Read full tasting note
    sherubtse 66 tasting notes

From Capital Tea Ltd.

Gorgeous uniform curly leaves full of golden tips. These leaves produce a smooth and amazingly sweet-malty tea liquor with a floral nose and medium to full body. A truly outstanding Assam tea to savour with or without milk.

steep 3-3.5min

About Capital Tea Ltd. View company

This one smells like dark chocolate mixed with molasses ginger cookies, with allspice. The dry leaves are twisted shorter fat dark brown leaves with lots of shiny furry rich golden tips, which produce a beautiful dark golden red copper coloured clear tea.

It smells of a fruity plum and berry mix, honey, chocolate, and spice(almost like it had a pinch of Chinese five spice powder with nutmeg) with a light spicy floral note.

It tastes smooth with a bright sweet top note of honey, fruit and a little bit of the top note of malt, then a brief floral note, followed by slightly bitter note of malt, molasses and chocolate. It has a mild astringency. The fruit has a jammy/compote note of stewed fruit mixed with spice.

It re-steeps really well (I’m on the fifth steep) with honey an bright fruit notes ( lychee and citrus) mixing with spice and malt, with a light floral. The aftertaste is of milk chocolate mixed with floral spice and a bit of citrus.

I quite enjoyed this tea it make a nice afternoon tea. It is a little lighter in body than some of my Assams. I brewed the first steep at 3.5 minutes at around 90*C. I think I might try it a lower temperature to minimize astringency. The fruity spicy notes in this tea are quite nice and memorable. Once again thanks very much to Capital tea for providing me with this very generous sample.

This one’s lighter and more floral, a teensy bit Darj-y in some ways. I liked it, and it resteeped ok just like all the other Assams from Capital I’ve tried. But I prefer the darker, heavier, more intense ones like the Borsapori and Duflating. Definitely a case of individual affections defining how worthwhile this cup feels, and how that’s personal and varies, though. Lovely for what it is. Would make a solid afternoon tea.

Very nice and satisfying cup of Assam came to me from ifjuly. Thank you !
1tsp 205F 3min 8oz
This tea is very smooth and on a milder side which means its perfect without additives. Floral, malty, with a touch of honey. Some muscatel flavors and stone fruits could be detected, nothing over the top. I think its perfect as afternoon tea.
I’m glad i had a chance to try it. i’m sure i will pick up some once there is some promo from Capital tea ltd.

Flavors: Honey, Malt, Stonefruits

First infusion – 3 g. per 8 oz. water, 90 deg., 1:30 min.

Second infusion – 3 g. per 8 oz. water, 90 deg., 4:30 min.

Third infusion – 3 g. per 8 oz. water, 90 deg., 10:00+ min.

Boiling 1 min, 30 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML