Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by katrina

• “Forgot to add this tea this morning. Celestial Seasons' Zinger teas make really great cold brews. I especially find them refreshing after my runs. This one is particularly refreshing because the...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes
  • “I didn't just drink this, but wanted to log it as I was thinking about my first hot tea experiences. My parents had a box of this in the cupboard (as well as another box of Celestial Seasonings...” Read full tasting note
    laurenpressley 796 tasting notes
  • “This is another one of my favorite herbal teas. I believe this was the first cup of herbal tea I ever had. I remember my aunt brewing it and it just tasted perfect. A warm mix of tart, sweet and...” Read full tasting note
    junes_flame 46 tasting notes
  • “After much trial and error with teas containing hibiscus, I finally tried one that is not only tolerable but manages to actually taste good! Yesterday I made a pitcher of iced Red Zinger and...” Read full tasting note
    rabbysmom 92 tasting notes

From Celestial Seasonings

“There’s no mistaking a Zinger®! We introduced Red Zinger in 1972, and nothing around here has been the same since. The zing comes from a blend of tart and tangy Chinese hibiscus and fruity Thai hibiscus, balanced by cool, refreshing peppermint and the unique, earthy sweetness of wild cherry bark. Try this perennial favorite on ice!” — Charlie Baden, Celestial Seasonings Blendmaster Since 1975

Hibiscus, rosehips, peppermint, West Indian lemongrass, orange peel, natural flavors, lemon myrtle, licorice and wild cherry bark.

About Celestial Seasonings View company

Forgot to add this tea this morning. Celestial Seasons’ Zinger teas make really great cold brews. I especially find them refreshing after my runs. This one is particularly refreshing because the peppermint and licorice are very cooling.

I didn’t just drink this, but wanted to log it as I was thinking about my first hot tea experiences. My parents had a box of this in the cupboard (as well as another box of Celestial Seasonings that I can’t recall other than it was yellow) most of my growing up years. They weren’t big tea drinkers—other than iced sweet tea—so when I did want hot tea, I always returned to this box. If I recall, though, I didn’t particularly love it as much as I loved having a hot beverage. Good thing they picked up some good black loose leaf tea for me when visiting Oxford, opening up a door into the larger tea world. :)

This is another one of my favorite herbal teas. I believe this was the first cup of herbal tea I ever had. I remember my aunt brewing it and it just tasted perfect. A warm mix of tart, sweet and herbal flavors. I always think fresh raspberries when I drink this tea. I don’t drink this every day, but when I want to be reminded of good memories or am feeling under the weather, its just perfect.

After much trial and error with teas containing hibiscus, I finally tried one that is not only tolerable but manages to actually taste good! Yesterday I made a pitcher of iced Red Zinger and ended up finishing the whole thing- I was well hydrated, to say the least! I didn’t add any sugar- it’s just sweet enough on it’s own for me but the directions say you can add it after steeping and before you add the cold water. I made another pitcher of it to have with dinner tonight and even the kids like it, which is nice. This would be awesome to have in a container at the beach in the cooler. If you don’t like it hot, try it iced and you may be pleasantly surprised!

Strong and fruity; better iced than hot.

Sweet and tangy!

I love to brew this with loose black teas or earl grey!

I like Red Zinger. I don’t hate hibiscus, and it does have a “zing.” I like it sweetened to bring out the fruity flavor. Weird/astringent if steeped too long (or if you leave the teabag in the cup….)

This is one of the most clever cups I’ve found. They could call it “Double Hibiscus” as there are two sources. This cup makes me feel aware and thoughtful. The flavor is a pleasure. I rarely ever put honey in tea but a few drops makes this a happiness-inducer. This cup does contain licorice, which wasn’t necessary, but you don’t really taste it.

One of the first herbal teas I ever drank. Still one of the better ones too. Crisp, lively flavor.