Kukicha (organic)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Eisenherz

• “Thanks again to *Janelle* for this tea! I was expecting this to be much more toasty than it was - I think I mixed up Houjicha and Kukicha, haha. It ended up tasting like a moderately vegetal...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “I take my kukicha with a drop of honey. I am currently having a pre-dinner tea while swathed in a Christmas throw, cuddled with my cat on the couch. This tea makes me feel cleansed and healthy,...” Read full tasting note
    kaykanada 75 tasting notes
  • “A classic personal fave of mine, this green twig tea puts a smile on my face when I have the pleasure of sipping every so often. Since the sad discontinuation from David's status, I have been...” Read full tasting note
    emiliecaron 10 tasting notes
  • “I received this today in a surprise care package from my lovely former co-workers. My friend had been telling me about it for quite some time, and I was very anxious to try it. It was lovely. A...” Read full tasting note
    laurensleziak 6 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

In Japanese, kukicha literally means “twig tea” and that’s just what this is. It uses stems and stalks, gathered during the production of sencha, to sweeten the tea and create a delicately different taste. Our organic blend also includes steamed leaves from an especially fine harvest. The result? If you have one cup, you’ll have to have another. And another.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Thanks again to Janelle for this tea!

I was expecting this to be much more toasty than it was – I think I mixed up Houjicha and Kukicha, haha. It ended up tasting like a moderately vegetal standard green, perhaps a bit on the seaweedy side. Not too bad, but nothing particularly special.

I take my kukicha with a drop of honey.

I am currently having a pre-dinner tea while swathed in a Christmas throw, cuddled with my cat on the couch. This tea makes me feel cleansed and healthy, which is great when people are getting sick left and right, and fresh veggies have all but disappeared.

A very nice tea, but I must say that I love kukicha no matter the source. While I’m fearful that DAVIDsTEA will no longer carry it, I can always get it at my health food store if necessary… But seriously, David, keep this one around!

A classic personal fave of mine, this green twig tea puts a smile on my face when I have the pleasure of sipping every so often. Since the sad discontinuation from David’s status, I have been sparing in my consumption, as my supply level is steadily decreasing. In terms of tasting notes, I appreciate the slight and subtle earthiness and the tinge of sweetness of Kukicha. I will hunt me down some more once I’ve run out, but in the meantime, this tea is always a treat.

I received this today in a surprise care package from my lovely former co-workers. My friend had been telling me about it for quite some time, and I was very anxious to try it. It was lovely. A smooth, warm taste and nice mouth-feel with a vegetal, almost hay-like aroma. It’s delicious, but has a distinctive after-taste that I cant quite put my finger on..

A big fan of genmaicha, I found this tea quite delicious and satisfying – it has a similar flavour with earthier undertones and without the roasted taste of the rice.