Pom Springs

Green Tea
Apple, Beet Root, Blackberry Leaves, Green Tea, Hibiscus, Natural Flavours, Pomegranate Seeds, Rhubarb, Rose Hips
Apple, Astringent, Berry, Floral, Hibiscus, Tart, Berries, Candy, Fruity, Blueberry, Cranberry, Rose, Sweet
Low
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

For thousands of year, pomegranates have been revered as a symbol of love, fertility and prosperity. Today, people love them because they’re one of the healthiest things you can eat. But the real reason they’ve won our hearts is their refreshingly sweet and tangy taste. Especially when we combine them with green tea, sweet apple and a tart hint of rhubarb, rosehips and hibiscus. The result? An all-natural hot pink tea that’s deliciously fruity and undeniably good for you. It’s the pom diggity. (MK Kosher)

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Not my favorite tea. Part of their green iced tea collection. too much apple. slightly bitter and astringent.

Flavors: Apple, Astringent, Berry, Floral, Hibiscus, Tart

Iced 8 min or more 4 tsp 67 OZ / 1981 ML

Is having green tea at 10pm a good idea? Probably not, but with the cups of mate this afternoon, a 2 hour nap, and a cup of black tea this evening I’m already doomed so might as well enjoy some of my new teas.

I have had this one before, but it’s been a few months and I didn’t remember much about that particular cup aside from that it was pretty good. While there is a noticeable pomegranate note in this, I wouldn’t say it’s the dominant flavour. Overall, it more reminds me of a strawberry/berry tie-dye Fruit by the Foot, though there’s also a hint of apple. It does kind of remind me of a cross between Queen of Tarts and Redberry Tonic. For those who tend to avoid green teas, this would probably be an excellent pick as it could easily pass for a herbal. Will probably try this as an iced tea pretty soon as I’m sure it’ll make for a refreshing cold beverage.

Flavors: Apple, Berries, Candy

I loved the smell of the dry tea. It smelled tart and fruity. But when I made it today it was strange. I doesn’t BAD, but there’s something off about the flavour that I dont like. Too artificial maybe? Maybe I’m just not into pomegranate flavour?

I actually feel like I want to give this one away. I’m sure someone will enjoy it more than me.

Flavors: Fruity, Tart

Pre-drinking:
About half a year back I had one of my worst tea experiences; it was an organic pomegranate tea in my mom’s cupboard. I can’t remember where it was from. Back then I decided that I’d try to make a sort of tea slushie, freezing a cup of it and then blending it the next day. The results were.. not good. I think that day I swore off both organic teas and basically anything pomegranate.
However, I’ve since been gifted many delicious organic teas, along with which I got a small taste of this. I’m having my first cup of pomegranate tea since that traumatic time.

I made the tea far too hot, so I’ve had it sitting on my desk for about fifteen minutes, simply taking in the aroma. It first somewhat disgusted me, but it seemed to grow on me a bit. I always used to like the actual fruit.

First sip:
I’m struck first by the apple flavour, and a blueberry taste. Acai berry as well. Is there actually pomegranate in this? I think I ended up making it too strong; I added a bit of water to try to salvage it, to limited avail. I think it would have been hard to make a tea that actually tasted like pomegranate. It’s very sweet, which I’m sure would definitely appeal to lots of people.

Cup finished:
I think my past got in the way of there being any chance of truly enjoying this. Moreover, I think I’ve yet to find a fruity tea from Davidstea that I’ve thought that I could frequently own. They always seem to leave me with a sort of dry mouth and that… You know that feeling that cranberry juice leaves in your throat? That. I should probably be making them weaker but I’ve never been a weak tea sort of guy. Overall, I would drink again but not if I had to pay for it.

Flavors: Apple, Berry, Blueberry, Cranberry

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

I wasn’t expecting to like this tea, but it quickly became my favourite. The rose colour and fruity taste make it an easy drinker. It’s sweet with a slightly tart after taste, and needs nothing added to it. I think this tea will be a year round staple in my cupboard and I look forward to trying it over ice in the summer.

Flavors: Apple, Berry, Hibiscus, Rose

I wasn’t expecting to like this tea, and I was surprised by joy! Love this sweet and tart pomegranate blend. Looking forward to a second cup, and ordering some for my cupboard. A very unique fruit punch with a natural taste not overpowered by flavorings. August 2014 Tea of the Month. This is my birthday month tea. So, I’m happy that it brews up hot pink, since pink is my favorite color. :)

I’m in love with this tea! Firstly, I love the colour. I think it’s the only green tea I’ve ever had that wasn’t…well…green! It’s a gorgeous deep pink colour. The taste is amazing. It’s fresh and fruity and tastes like pomegranates without having the bitter aftertaste that I associate with that particular fruit. I imagine this would be lovely iced.

I keep forgetting to pick this one up! Sigh. I can’t tell if I like one better than Green Seduction (they taste very similar to me), but the smell of this one is delicious. Again, it has pomegranate, so yay!

I first had this when it was initially released in stores a couple months back but unfortunately I was sick at the time so I never really tasted it. I did, however, pick up a small sample which I finally got to try this evening. I dumped the whole thing into my gravity steeper so I could ice it. The result is a very sweet, fruity tea. I could see how pomegranate plays a role in this but mostly I am picking out apple and blackberry leaves. I am not really getting the tartness that others have spoke of too much though the sweetness does mellow at the end of the sip. It’s not a bad tea but it isn’t one I really need to have around either so this is the end for me and this tea. 169.

Apparently I did not notice that there was hibiscus in this blend…. Sigh. The colour betrayed its inclusion quickly, and although it isn’t sour (probably because I gave it a 2-3 minute green tea infusion), I would prefer it wasn’t included. Regardless, this is a weird blend of flavours. Definitely quite fruity, somewhat sweet (natural! Not stevia!), and no green tea flavour at all (as expected). I would like to try this iced – I think the flavours would work better as a cold drink, because this is too much like drinking hot juice. I’m undecided as to whether the flavour weirdness is because I don’t care for pomegranate, or if it’s something else, but it certainly could just be me. Will have to try iced before passing final judgment.