Chocolate Coconut

Edit tea info Last updated by __Morgana__

1 Tasting Note View all

• “A while back after I read someone else's note about a designed tea (can't now remember whose), I decided to go design a couple of samples. This is one of them. I think if I had to do it over...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes

From Design a Tea

One of my two free samples from Design a Tea.

About Design a Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

A while back after I read someone else’s note about a designed tea (can’t now remember whose), I decided to go design a couple of samples. This is one of them. I think if I had to do it over again I would have been much more adventurous in my choice of flavors. There are probably hundreds of versions of this Mounds combo available. I’ve even bought a few myself. Oh well.

It came in a cute little bag, which I suppose could have been used for steeping, but instead, I poured it out and weighed it. It came to 1.5g so I will be making about half a cup with it. The dry leaves are dark, and there was a fair amount of dust in the mix. They smelled exactly as would have been expected: like chocolate and coconut. The coconut is probably the slightly stronger fragrance of the two.

Steeping brings out the coconut even more, and I have to say that this combo is smelling extremely good. It really does smell like a Mounds tastes. Yum.

In taste, the tea is just ok. It’s a little harsh at the back of the throat, and though the tea has a nice, chewy mouth feel that goes with the candy bar theme, it doesn’t have the depth of flavor I was expecting from the aroma. It’s chewy in texture but it’s thin in flavor at the same time. I can’t taste the tea under the flavorings, which probably explains part of this. I feel a little like I’m drinking a too dilute hot chocolate with coconut flavor.

Fortunately I don’t have much of an interest in tea blending as if this is any indication, I should leave it to the experts.