Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

• “This is quite delicious. I wasn't expecting it to be but the rave reviews on the company website persuaded me to give it a try. This is *smooth*. The coconut gives this tea a real creamy taste and...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 262 tasting notes
  • “First Sip Thought: "Rich & Creamy!" Smell: When first opening the tin, I wasn't crazy about the scent. After I steeped it though, it was a delicious scent. The initial one definitely did not do it...” Read full tasting note
    teaaholic 45 tasting notes
  • “I just received a 2oz tin of this tea - my initial cellpohane wrapped sample came in the same box as a lychee flavored sample (delicious and described elsewhere) which shared its heady scent...” Read full tasting note
    shadowdancing 18 tasting notes

From The Persimmon Tree Tea Company

Coconut Chocolate pu-erh is a unique blend of organic pu-erh loose-leaf tea, cocoa nibs and coconut; it provides a smooth, full, slightly sweet flavor with a mild hazelnut finish. Pu-erh is a rich, earthy tea from the Yunnan Province of China that is famed for its medicinal qualities.

This loose-leaf puerh tea with coconut will maintain its flavor, even when steeped multiple times.

About The Persimmon Tree Tea Company View company

This is quite delicious. I wasn’t expecting it to be but the rave reviews on the company website persuaded me to give it a try. This is smooth. The coconut gives this tea a real creamy taste and feel. The chocolate is less prevalent but still there in the background. I don’t normally like chocolate in tea – in fact, I have never liked it before. So this is a first.

I’ve sipping the second steeping of this now. The flavor was much stronger in the first steeping but the second steeping is still enjoyable to drink. This will also be the last steep because I need to go to bed soon. But I imagine, like any good pu’erh, I could get a few more cups out of the tea.

First Sip Thought: “Rich & Creamy!”

Smell: When first opening the tin, I wasn’t crazy about the scent. After I steeped it though, it was a delicious scent. The initial one definitely did not do it justice! A great way to realize to “never judge a tea by its initial smell.”

Taste: Don’t let the verdict steer you away, because I definitely enjoyed this pu-erh tea. It’s not like others because it’s not an intense earthy flavour. If I were to change one thing it would probably be to have more pu-erh taste than the coconut/chocolate, but that’s me being picky. However, the chocolate and coconut are the perfect match for the pu-erh base. It’s a lovely taste and if you do enjoy coconut and chocolate then you’ll love the combination in this tea. I think of this tea as an excellent cozy drink. When I took a few sips I noticed a toasty coconut, and rich and creamy chocolate coating. It is definitely not a cheap, artificial chocolate or coconut flavouring as well.
Bonus: several re-steeps of this tea will get you the same flavour each time!

www.theteacupoflife.blogspot.com

I just received a 2oz tin of this tea – my initial cellpohane wrapped sample came in the same box as a lychee flavored sample (delicious and described elsewhere) which shared its heady scent “promiscuously” with the box, the tape, the packing material, and every sample that wasn’t packed in a tin. Since few benefited from the addition of lychee flavoring – I had to reorder all of my samples.

I had had high hopes for the Coconut Chocolate Puehr – and on the whole, when I finally got to try it, I was not disappointed. I prepared my tea in a mug using my usual bottled water. I briefly rinsed the tea to its benefit as it was very dusty. The first steep and second steeps were for 4 and 5 minutes (recommended 3-5min.) respectively using water just off the boiling point(recommended). Both steeps gave similar results (providing the dust was decanted) so a third steep may have been possible but I had no more time.

Neither cup gave even a hint of bitterness and the cocunut was “gently” evident throughout and seemed to lend a smooth, well “lubricated” mouthfeel to the liquid. The chocolate, while detectable, could have expressed more presence. Overall, I think those who like coconut with a bit of chocolate in a firm but smooth pu ehr might enjoy investigating this tea.

ADDED NOTE: i’ve now had this tea several more times over the last few days and I’ve become more sensitive to the chocolate flavor. I predict it will become a constant feature in my tea collection!

Another Note: The above prediction was correct – I have already reordered – 4oz this time! Definitely hooked on this puerh. For me the sweet coconut and mellow chocolate play perfect counterpoint to the puehr’s quiet strength.