Double Bergamot

Edit tea info Last updated by Lazey

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Got my order from the English Tea Store and in it were loose leaf Earl Grey samples. I decided the double bergamot Earl Grey would be good for breakfast. It was really good Earl Grey, bitter...” Read full tasting note
    Lazey 94 tasting notes

From English Tea Store

We offer a Double Bergamot Earl Grey Tea, for those who like a stronger taste of citrus. We also offer our standard Earl Grey with a more subtle citrus flavor.

This Earl Grey tea is a blend of Indian and Ceylon teas. The tea gets its unusual flavor from oil of BERGAMOT. Bergamot is a small acidic orange. The latest research indicates that the Bergamot orange is a cross between the sweet or pear lemon (Citrus Limetta) and the Seville or sour orange (Citrus Aurantium). The sour orange is native to southern Vietnam, hence the Chinese connection.

This tea has a light refreshing taste, and can be served hot with or without milk or sugar. It can be used to make iced tea.

About English Tea Store View company

1 Tasting Note

It was really good Earl Grey, bitter (because of the double bergamot) but not overly so. Great flavor. I will be drinking this again.

I had added a little sugar, no cream, and thought it perfect. My mother on the other hand thought it was too bitter and added at least 2 teaspoons of sugar :o So if you’re sensitive to bitter teas you might want to stick to regular Earl Grey.

Later on I re-steeped the leaves for a little longer and it was a little weak but still a good cup of tea. The bergamot was not as strong either, making it taste like regular Earl Grey.