Toasted Caramel

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Fusion Teas

From Fusion Teas

A delicious and decadent treat of organic South African rooibos paired with our own hand-cut chewy caramel, toasted sweet brown rice, and the delicate floral notes of Fleur de Sel to draw out the rich, smoky tones in the rooibos and caramels. A perfect balance of sweet and salty. To be enjoyed neat or with a splash of cream and sugar.

Ingredients: Organic Rooibos, toasted rice, caramel, natural flavor, buckwheat (does not contain wheat), toffee bits.

About Fusion Teas View company

2031 tasting notes

Christina sent me this tea a few weeks ago, and as I was digging through my samples, it caught my eye.

Perfect. Uncaffeinated, new, caramel.

And it smells so much like Divine Temptation from Bayswater. Sweet nougaty goodness.

Anyways, it’s pretty good! I’m enjoying the flavour for sure, and the rooibos isn’t too woody. But if I were in the market to replace this, I’d just get something similar from Bayswater or Janet’s Special Teas. :)

Thank you!

I just rinsed out my strainer. There are RICE BITS in the tea! How cool!

You know, considering there are big huge chunks of caramel in this tea, it doesn’t taste like much besides regular rooibos. There’s a bit of toastiness, and the caramel doesn’t melt all the way through so you can get a second steep, but I wasn’t getting a lot of flavour from this. I think it might be better if I added some sweetener next time.

Oh now this is a nice decaf dessert tea! The rooibos brewed in a T-Sac didn’t bother my throat at ALL. I think it was the cup of rooibos that least bugged my throat that I’ve ever drank. I think it wouldn’t be a problem if the rooibos was always bigger pieces, so they can’t sneak through infusers. The flavor was really nice – the caramel is just perfect with the rooibos…big caramel pieces! The toastiness is lovely with it too, but I could have used more of it. I had a second steep the next day and it was a completely different cup – strawberry. And all the caramel was gone…. I doubt the caramel melted completely the first time. Maybe rooibos naturally tastes like strawberry, especially if steeped a while? The perfect rooibos blend to have around.
Steep #1 // 8 min after boiling // 4 min steep