Imperial Formosa

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “This is the first time I can remember that the flavors described on a tea have represented almost perfectly the flavors that I get when I sip it. I know that the gap between what's suggested and...” Read full tasting note
    sophistre 158 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown no. 57 for the year 2014 and also the end of revisiting the handful of Golden Moon samples I couldn't decide about the first time through. I will say that although this sample was tiny...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Golden Moon Sampler Tea #30 Almost at the end of my Golden Moon sampler! Basically took the entire month to go through it. Which is a pretty good pace, I think. My mom called right after I set...” Read full tasting note
    chibibigos 382 tasting notes
  • “I'm afraid that I may have prepared this horribly wrong. My sample was the tiniest sample I've ever seen. I don't have a scale, so try to picture the length and width of 4 toothpicks laying...” Read full tasting note
    zildjianpride 176 tasting notes

From Golden Moon Tea

Rare. Exotic. A Reward For The Curious and Adventurous.
Mood: Introspective, scholarly
Time: Anytime – in the study or garden courtyard
Cuisine: Fruit, chocolate, or mild cakes and cookies.
Price Per Cup: .31+
Caffeine: Low

Rarely – maybe once a generation – will a tea blend come along with flavors so rich and pure. Close your eyes. Concentrate. You’ll note the subtle wash of dates, chestnuts, cedar, and orange blossoms. It’s a constant reward for those willing to give it a chance.

The fanciest silver-tipped leaves provide a remarkable durable blend good for many infusions without a loss of flavor. It’s a fine value if you’re willing to step out on the skinny end of the branch and reap the awards of risk. Why not add it to your cart today?

About Golden Moon Tea View company

Golden Moon is dedicated to offering outstanding, whole-leaf teas of the greatest quality and finesse. All Golden Moon Teas are hand-plucked and meticulously crafted to enhance leaf character, aroma, color, clarity, body, complexity, and above all, flavor.

This is my first attempt at oolong… and I feel I should try again in the future.

I think overall it’s too dark for me, and I seem to be tending toward lighter teas (in both color and flavor). It tasted like black tea with a spicy aftertaste. Is spicy the word? Maybe it’s the woodsy, cedar-like taste. I can’t knock it too hard, though. By the end I was looking forward to that aftertaste. Gave it a little kick.

A long and tiring day. Going for a golden moon sample of oolong.

It seems a bit watery, and I can’t really taste much of a flavor. Maybe the water wasn’t hot enough when I put it in… but the color is rather dark.

When I do get a good sense of the flavor, it tastes awesome. It’s a little nutty, with a flavor very similar to a typical black tea taste, but lighter. It’s so very relaxing and calming, and hopefully it will be enough caffeine to help me get through finishing the last bits of my homework.

I will definitely try a second infusion, but this may very well be a tea I’d want to buy again.

A very nice oolong! I like the orange sweetness. First two infusions were outstanding.
The third was a bit weak, but still pleasant.

Another Golden Moon sample. This is a darker oolong (more up my alley than the light ones). It brews up to a nice amber color. Tastes ok with some floral notes and a light malty finish. I agree with teaplz that it has a high astringency and it leaves you with a dry mouth feel. It’s nice but I probably won’t order more.

Lowering my rating on this because the more I drank, the less I liked it and about 1/2 way though, I poured it out.

Received a free sample from Golden Moon Tea and tried it with great anticipation. Exquisite oolong. Far superior to the oolong bought locally from the Asian Market. See the full review at http://bit.ly/8dNfqd.

I was in the mood for something oolong so I gave this one a try from my sampler.

The leaves them self have a very nice and pronounced nutty and fruity smell . Resulting infusion is a light golden-yellow liquor that has a nice nutty, fruity and slightly smokey and earthy smell. The taste is quite the same, Mostly nutty with notes of fruitiness and earthiness and also lightly smokey and astringent. I really liked the nutty taste that this tea has and going to be sure get more

Brewed 5 min. No additives. Hot.
This is a very dark fermented oolong. The flavor comes very close to being a light black tea but it still holds on to the roundness of an oolong without the tannin taste.
I have gotten 4 good infusions per tsp.
It has a good, woody sweetness.