Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Harney & Sons

Made from Pouchong tea that is slightly browner than green tea. Fresh jasmine flowers are added to produce a delicate and fragrant brew.

About Harney & Sons View company

First, I think this is my first pouchong. Second, autocorrect really wants to change that to “poaching”. Not going to happen.

I should have paid more attention to the directions I guess, but I was doing a lot of cooking. The “kids”, meaning my son and his GF and my godson were all visiting from college and godson’s dad joined us for the Super Bowl. Plus of corse the two daughters who still live here and hubby. Lots and lots of cooking.

Jasmine relaxes me, so I thought I would give this one a try today. I had it with my lunch of Hunters Pie made with lamb. While it was still hot and I was eating, it was really truly delicious. I came back to it later when I had finished a bit of dish washing and found it to have grown a bit bitter as it cooled. It still smelled nice but it had a bit of bite to it.

I notice that most people seem to give it a shorter steep than my instructions called for. If I have enough left in my sample pack I will try that. I bought a different H&S sample at the same time and it is also a jasmine pouchong but has radically different directions for steeping. Maybe I should go by those for both teas.

So it was a good experience overall and I thought it was fantastic at first, just disappointing after it cooled. It may improve with a lower temp and shorter steep.

Edit: reheating took away the bitter taste. Hooray! I am loving this one.

SimplyJenW

Maybe auto correct is telling you that you want eggs with this tea….poached ones!

The base is nice and the jasmine is strong. If offered I would drink it, but I don’t think I’ll order this again. I’ve had a few jasmines now and the floral is just too much for me.

My favorite Jasmine, not too bitter if you don’t steep too long. It’s simple and warm, something I love to have when I can’t make up my mind about what to drink.

This is a very fragrant tea with a light refreshing flavor. Since I just picked mint from the garden I experimented by adding a 2 small leaves to the brew. WOW!!! What a treat!!! It was the refreshment I needed mid afternoon.

Rinsed 40 secs, then brewed <2mins @ 180°F.

Floral, complex, minimally astringent for a jasmine tea if brewed briefly and gently enough.