Herbal Tea
Flowers, Honey, Mint, Perfume
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Harney & Sons The Store

• “I can’t believe this wasn’t in my cupboard. I bought a one pound bag because it did wonders for my dog’s feet. (Because it is so light, the one pound bag looks Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 2183 tasting notes
  • “Another free sample from Harney, in sachet form. It’s not bad, but nothing like the vibrant fresh apple-y wonderful loose chamomile I’ve purchased elsewhere. It tastes more like the meh...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “This is so good! I noticed right away there is a strong, almost wild, smell of chamomile. It’s so much stronger than other chamomiles I’ve tried. I’m glad I got this as a...” Read full tasting note
    HighAdventure 122 tasting notes
  • “The hunt for the perfect chamomile continues. These bags are from the stash my coworkers collected whilst we were at conference…the hotel rooms had tea as well as coffee, and they gathered me...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes

From Harney & Sons

Calm the mind and body with Chamomile Herbal. The tea’s unique strong scent reminiscent of fresh green apples comes from the finest handpicked Egyptian Chamomile flower heads. The pale yellow chamomile brew is a delicious tea with a definite body and honey-sweet infusion. Served for centuries as a calmative, Chamomile is also the perfect nighttime tisane, quieting and calming.

About Harney & Sons View company

I can’t believe this wasn’t in my cupboard. I bought a one pound bag because it did wonders for my dog’s feet. (Because it is so light, the one pound bag looks HUGE.) He has grass pollen allergies and had licked his feet raw last year. I read that chamomile could soothe it and bought the giant bag. I made the tea, let it cool, and soaked each doggie foot in a tall glass for about 30-60 seconds before bedtime one night. By the next morning, all the redness and weeping was gone. I pour it over him after his bath just for skin health and itching, too.

Well, now I need to drink it, and I am enjoying it immensely. I am making it, resteeping, and pouring it into swing top bottles that I refrigerate. It is so good and so cold when stored in glass, quite refreshing. I don’t get apple like lots of people do, but rather hay and minty light citrus.

But I am drinking it for a special reason. I have been on proton pump inhibitors for sixteen years. Yes, the drug that is supposed to be used for two weeks maximum. I had tried and couldn’t get off of it, although I got myself down to 20mg a day which is half of what they started me on.

Lest anyone think I was being a wimp, I can tell you that even with Prilosec I had heartburn and chest pain from esophagus spasms, nighttime reflux, bending over reflux, and would lose my voice from the acid washing up. And this all started back when I was really skinny, not due to being overweight.

I read a study recently that suggested that since acid is natural and needful, perhaps there is often a different problem. The most common is thought to be possibly an inflamed esophagus which can be due to allergy instead of acid. I decided to try again and this time, treat my esophagus with lots of natural anti-inflammatories. Thus the chamomile tea! And I am pleased to say that while I have had some rebound reflux, I can live with it and it isn’t constant. Also, Pepcid Complete knocks it out, and in five days I have only had two of those.

I am also drinking lemongrass tea made from the lemongrass I grow, and I drink it cold, too. I am replenishing my good bacteria with homemade yogurt and homemade water kefir.

The great thing is that I really love the cold chamomile tea and I love that it is making me healthier and helping me to get off of a drug that can be very bad for you in the long run.

K S

I must show this to the wife. Our dog has an allergy to chicken (just try finding dog food made without some form of chicken). We have found one dog food brand (Blue Buffalo) that makes a couple varieties he can eat. Occasionally he gets into something he shouldn’t and his little feet to red from licking the itch. So you may have helped Spike.

My wife suffers similarly with her reflux. She has been on those pills for a few years with only limited relief. I’ll never convince her to try yogurt in any form (I love it) but she does like chamomile.

Thanks for the heads up!

Evol Ving Ness

Turmeric (and curcumin capsules) is a natural anti-inflammatory that might work in your toolkit. Good luck with this. Medications can be harsh with our gentle selves.

ashmanra

So true, Evol! I will add those. I am also eating GinGin candies and using Tummy Rub essential oil blend and they really do help. I am hoping that within a couple of weeks the rebound reflux will resolve!

Indigobloom

I wish my boyfriend would take a lesson from you. He eats almost no veggies, despises tea (even herbal), drinks a litre of milk every day despite being allergic… and has really bad acid reflux and so consumes a whole lotta tums! I managed to convince him that yogurt(homemade with multiple strains) was necessary after he had mega antibiotics due to an ear infection, but otherwise he is a hopeless case when it comes to healthy gut and such (even claiming that studies show not eating vegetables is nearly harmless for the body if you have proteins! sighs)
Anyhow, I’m glad the chamomile is helping you!! :)

Indigobloom

Oh and he isn’t overweight so I can’t use that excuse to make him eat better haha

Evol Ving Ness

Fermented food such as kimchi and sauerkraut is also excellent. Indigobloom, see if you can organize regular visits to Korean town for meals.

ashmanra

It started for me during pregnancy and came back when a friend end through a horrific divorce that affected a lot of our friends and loved ones. I weighed less than 100 pounds at the time. I have little doubt that stress had a lot to do with getting reflux, plus I was tested for h. Pylori and did have it. The treatment was terrible! They took my gall bladder. Still little relief. PPI meds were the only thing that helped. It took me two tries to cut my dose in half. The first time I tried I was in agony. So I feel like this is going pretty well even though I have to accommodate it all day long, watching portions, foods, eating ginger, drinking chamomile, but going as naturally as possible to get past the rebound phase.

I make dairy kefir and yogurt and we eat pretty well. My hubby doesn’t like beef so we eat mostly veggies and a little chicken. I do stress eat, however, and I ah e always carried stress in my tummy and neck and back.

I am refusing to even consider going back on the meds at this point I want to see this through! Rebound reflux is supposed to stop after about two weeks. I am hoping for less!

Evol Ving Ness

You might consider seeing a functional or integrated doctor if you need more help with this using natural approaches to fixing the problem, and whatever may have been created through the use of meds.

Cathy Baratheon

I have a similar condition. Thank you for sharing your experience, I will try some chamomile

ashmanra

Day 7 and it is going well. I drink water with organic vinegar, eat GinGin candies, eat small portions. Pepcid Complete rarely but it knocks out any building heartburn and it didn’t used to help.

Indigobloom

@Evol possibly. He is allergic to shellfish and salmon skin so it’d have to be guaranteed safe. Not sure if they can do that in Chinatown. But I might try takeout and see how that goes!

Evol Ving Ness

There are several restaurants in Korean town here that do not have either shellfish or salmon on the menu, so one would assume that they’d be as safe as is possible.

Indigobloom

@Evol hmm if there is no fish at all, I might be able to swing it! the smell turns him off, I’m guessing due to his allergy

Another free sample from Harney, in sachet form. It’s not bad, but nothing like the vibrant fresh apple-y wonderful loose chamomile I’ve purchased elsewhere. It tastes more like the meh chamomile I was used to before my revelatory super fresh chamomile experience…

This is so good! I noticed right away there is a strong, almost wild, smell of chamomile. It’s so much stronger than other chamomiles I’ve tried. I’m glad I got this as a sample in my order. It tastes strong, but good! It is possible to oversteep it, though. This got a little bitter on me.

The hunt for the perfect chamomile continues.

These bags are from the stash my coworkers collected whilst we were at conference…the hotel rooms had tea as well as coffee, and they gathered me a baggie full. So who knows how old they are, but I’m brewing them up anyway.

I must say, for being just straight, plain, no-frills chamomile, this isn’t too bad. I’m sure that fresher bags would make a difference, but this is very light and delicate and smooth. It’s definitely chamomile, but it’s not flowery. I could see this ending up as a regular part of my stash.

Best chamomile I’ve had. It has a nice sweetness to it and is beautiful to look at.

I received this as a free teabag sample from Harney & Sons. I was unimpressed with the bland flavor of the chamomile. The smell was much stronger than the taste.

It’s been forever since I’ve logged, but I’m going to try to get on here more often to record what I’m drinking….
Anyway, drank this last night (was a sample sachet included with a previous harney order), finding it was the last available decaf option in my stash. I’ve had it for awhile, but I’m not huge on chamomile….
Then I remembered, as I sipped this, that I do actually like chamomile, I just always think I don’t… and, only previously having the bagged, grocery store variety, this was really great. I shared my first mug with my husband, so I was super happy to be able to get a great cup on a second steep (10 minutes).
I’m definitely going to get some of this next time I place a Harney order….

boychik

welcome back

DeliriumsFrogs

I missed you, boychik!!

boychik

i was just thinking about you last night drinking out of your cup ;)

DeliriumsFrogs

Reading that just made my day. :) Tea friends are the best.

I’m 99% sure this is my first time drinking chamomile so the brew time was pretty much a guess based on my experience with other herbals.

The aroma is pretty minty with a hint of sweetness. Maybe honey or something. Not awful but not my favorite aroma.

This tastes better than most herbals to me (mostly because my complaint about herbals is generally that they’re flavorless, while this has a pronounced taste). Again, there’s a hint of mint and honey, but this also has a pronounced floral flavor, with a lingering minty aftertaste. Interesting.

I’m not a big fan of herbals but I would consider drinking this again if it was offered to me.

Flavors: Flowers, Honey, Mint, Perfume

Got this as a sample and I am very impress with the taste and once I get some money I will purchase some more.

I have no idea where this tea bag came from. I think a few years ago we received Harney and Sons tea bags from an outfitter on a canoe trip, my first experience with H&S, and this was one of the flavors they had. The war with caffeine continues. Something isn’t right and I am not sure if it is what I am eating or drinking so to keep it simple, today is another day with low caffeine. I grabbed this from the work drawer to start the morning off. I had it in my head that I hate chamomile, but thought what the heck, if I hate it I can dump it. It is a surprisingly nice cup. Sweet, floral, chamomile-ish:) I could drink more of this. I started looking at H&S for low caffeine choices and I saw yellow and blue? Sounds like an interesting combination to try. Anyway no caffeine until I get a good meal in the tummy.